samedi, janvier 14, 2006

100 Tiles - the beginning




I recently bought some tiny canvases - something drew me to them, making me throw many packages of them into my carry basket at the new art supply store. Yesterday I started painting on them and suddenly realized that they are the same size as tiles. I've been fascinated by the tiles I see here - especially the ones with rough, irregular surfaces. An image drifts into my mind of a row of almost luminous orangey ochre tiles in Pete and Clare's kitchen.

Painting on these tiny canvases is like making my own tiles. I will paint 100 of them, and show them all together. I'm starting with landscapes, and will probably end with them as well. Here is the first one - called "Approaching Storm"".

2 Comments:

Blogger CMC said...

These are coming along nicely, Ellie..........love'em.

2:30 PM, janvier 15, 2006  
Blogger Martha Marshall said...

Yeah, Ellie! So glad you're blogging more. The idea to do "tiles" is a great idea. Can't wait to see more.

2:49 PM, janvier 15, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home